Monday, August 25, 2008

NY Fashion Week S/08: Grey Ant



NY Fashion Week S/08: Grey Ant

September 4th, 2007














Today was the official start of NY Fashion Week for Fashion Indie. I was invited to attend the show of the infamously popular, high-waist, west coast denim gods Grey Ant. I went in wondering where these trendsetters, who set the bar high last season with a collection of jeans for the girl tired of showing crack, would grow as a brand. The idea that they could get away with another collection of been there, done that jeanswear was peaking in my mind as I entered small room where the show was to take place. Mr.Mickey of Paper Magazine was in the audience and seemed to recognize me from an interview we had at Orchard Bar a few months back. I was determined to speak to him about nominating me for the mags annual Beautiful People issue but chickened out before I could. Something about a gay man in a tight, bright polo intimidates me, I guess. Also in the audience was stylist and trend consultant Brigitte Segura who I met last February at Malan Breton’s after party. It was hugs and kisses as we made our way to the runway, the kind of fake “wow, it’s been ages” banter that normally takes place during fashion week.
Author: Daniel Saynt

(CLICK LINK BELOW FOR MORE INFO & PICTURES)
NEXT POST: NY Fashion Week Spring 08: Form »